CONCLUSIONS REACHED AFTER DOWSING SURVEYS
Having completed the surveys on the not too badly damaged stone circles of Cumbria, and the nearby parts of Lancashire and Yorkshire, it will be safe to say that they do have some points in common, and these are:
1. All stone circles have energy rings outside the ring of stones, these I have called Halos.
2. All stone circles have energy rings inside the ring of stones, these I have called Inners.
3. All stone circles have lines of energy coming into, or going away form the ring of stones, these I have called Bearings.
4. (a) If the stone circle has a diameter more than 26 metres, then it will have a Serpentine shaped river running vaguely North/South through it.
4. (b) If there are Portal stones marking the entrance to the circle, then this river will run through this entrance.
4. (c) If there is a definite entrance, though there are no extra stones, the river will run through this entrance.
4 (d) If there is no obvious entrance, no Portal stones, then the river will run through the northern side.
hold good for 8 out of 8 circles